Brand: Garden Igloo
- SIZE MATTERS- Garden Igloo has a diameter of 11′ 9″. Max height is 7′ 2″. Base area is 107 ft².
- What materials is the Garden Igloo made of? The Garden Igloo structure is made of non-corrosive, 100 % recyclable PVC and PA6 materials. The transparent cover of Garden Igloo is made of cold-resistant (-4°F) transparent soft PVC. Protecting it against excessive UV exposure and keeping it clean before storing will increase the lifespan of the cover.
- What is the wind resistance of Garden Igloo? Under proper conditions Garden Igloo withstands strong wind conditions (Beaufort scale 6 – approx. 31 mi/h.
- What is Garden Igloo’s snow load capacity? Garden Igloo can bear up to max. 90 lbs of snow. If the snow on the dome reaches 6″, you should remove it with a broom or similar tool in order to prevent damage to Garden Igloo.
- What is the UV/heat resistance of Garden Igloo? Garden Igloo’s structure is stable between temperatures ranging from -4°F to +140°F and withstands exposure to sunlight of up to UV index 5.
- How can I store the winter garden cover at the end of the season? First clean the cover from both inside and outside with a microfiber cloth. Then fold it properly from inside out. Put it in its box and store it at room temperature for the next season.
- Do they get hot in summer? Like a greenhouse, the temperature in the Gardenigloo will always be several degrees hotter than the external temperature; therefore it will get hot in summer. Keeping all the air vents open will help to reduce the heat inside. However, during sunny spring – summer days, when the outside temperature is above 50°F, the interior air temperature can rise to excessive heat levels (+140°F).
- Do they stay warm in winter? In winter, close the windows and the dome will heat up several degrees, especially when it is very cold but the sun is out. It is also ideal for cutting out the wind chill factor. It will require roughly 40 % less heating in winter than a standard greenhouse due to the geodesic shape. This is due to its low volume for its base area and the fact that its surface is always at right angles to the sun?s rays even in low winter sun, heating it up naturally.
- Do I need a solid base or foundations? Gardenigloo can be installed both on soft and hard surfaces. On hard surfaces like concrete, wood deck, etc., use the metal clamps with suitable screws. At softer grounds like soil, lawn, etc., use the provided base weight kit to fix your Gardenigloo to the ground.
Details: NEW STRONGER 300 MICRON PVC COVER & REINFORCED DOOR OPENING NOW INCLUDED. MAXIMUM SOLAR GAIN – Sunlight is always transmitted at right angles throughout the day for four seasons. Please allow up to 3 weeks for the wrinkles to dissipate in the igloo cover. OPTIMAL AIR FLOW- Excellent air flow is maintained even in warm, still weather conditions. The heat inside is distributed evenly at all points. UNIFORM TEMPERATURE- The geodesic dome form is superior to conventional shaped rooms in sustaining better airflow and a uniform temperature inside. WIND AND SNOW RESISTANCE- The geodesic form of the dome allows for the most robust design possible to withstand the strong wind (up to 31 mi/h) or lying snow conditions (max. 90 lbs). *BE SURE TO UTILIZE THE ANCHORAGE KIT PROPERLY! The transparent cover of Garden Igloo is made of cold-resistant (-4°F) transparent soft PVC. Protecting it against excessive UV exposure and keeping it clean before storing will increase the life span of the cover. Great for a Restaurants, Cafes, Clubs, Coffee Bars, Events, Weddings, Festivals, Parties, Outdoor Dining and Social Distancing